Apologies for the radio silence. It’s been a crazy past couple of weeks. Here’s what’s been going on in my life:
1. Cherry blossom season is one of my favorite times of the year in DC. Why, you ask? Because it’s four consecutive weekends of reliable metro service with no track work. Oh, and I guess the flowers are nice to look at too…. This year I waited until the very last weekend of the Festival to walk over to the Tidal Basin. My mom came into town and we made a day of it! In keeping with tradition, we took a mom/daughter photo:
2. The roommate and I classed it up for a pre-Kentucky Derby party at a Virginia estate. We wore fancy dresses and sipped on mint juleps all afternoon…
…and then I proceeded to royally un-class the occasion by sneakily stealing beers at the bar. Ooops? The night ended in an epic dance party, so everything ended up working out 🙂
3. I have a book hoarding problem. Currently my Amazon cart has 16 books for purchase. At this rate, I’m slowly amassing enough books to operate a small library out of my bedroom. Hit me up if you need some good reads!
4. For the past two weeks, my apartment was overtaken by this creature:
We laughed. We cried (but really, I did). It was the best of times and it was the worst of times….and everything in between. Highs included having a hangover buddy who didn’t mind me using him as a body pillow. Lows included a policeman asking if I needed help moving my dog and getting stuck at the White House for over 3 hours because someone is scared of city life and refused to set paw on a non-grassy surface. Hint: it was not me.
5. I ate a lot of food, but I guess that’s not really news.
It really is a dangerous situation to live so close to Shake Shack…
Very excited about my first trip of the season to Garden District. THEIR ONION RINGS ARE THE BEST. I put that in bold and all caps, because if you know me, you know that onion rings are my favorite food item in the whole entire world. I could subsist on them alone. I once upon a time had grand plans to start a Food Network TV show with one of my best friends little brother called “Ring O’ Flavor”…get it? Too bad that idea never took off…
That’s all I’ve got for you in this post…more to come soon. Hopefully, it won’t take me a month next time around!